Join us in supporting Norwin Students, on our Annual Day of Giving. Donate Today
The Norwin School District Community Foundation is proud to sponsor its annual Day of Giving on Wednesday, September 19th during Norwin’s Homecoming Week. During that 24 hour period, you can join hundreds of other Norwin community members, parents, students, teachers, and friends in giving back to the community.
For 2018, the NSDCF’s goal is raise $5000 for the following programs:
Community Scholarship Programs
The NSDCF manages over twenty-three community scholarship endowment funds for Norwin students. Our goal is to help grow five of our smallest funds so that future students who earn these scholarships will benefit from greater financial support as they begin their post-secondary educations:
- David J. Karas Memorial Scholarship for students with oustanding records of school and community service as well as moral character.
- Elynor Mae Bruce Sutter Scholarship for music education and piano and choral perfomance.
- J. Walter Miles Memorial Scholarship for math and science students who go on to attend either Cornell University or the University of Pittsburgh.
- M. Dolores ‘Dolly’ Fink Scholarship for female students studying health, nursing, or physical education.
- Pastarini Scholarship for students who demonstrated excellence in music performance at Norwin and plan to study vocal music, music education, history, education, or leadership.
The Education Innovation Grant helps Norwin teachers implement innovative instruction methods to enrinch and enhance student learning by providing start-up funds. Previous grant recipients, including the CPR and Stop the Bleed curriculums, have gone on to receive district funding as part of the larger Norwin curriculum.
Your Support is Crucial
On this Day of Giving, please make a donation online at the NSDCF website. Donors may choose to donate to a specific program, or to the NSDF’s efforts in general. Your support can help make a difference for the Norwin community.
Alternatively, donations may be made via check made payable to the Norwin School District Community Foundation and sent to 281 McMahon Drive North Huntingdon, PA 15642 with «Day of Giving» in the memo line and the name of a specific program for the donation, if desired.
The Norwin School District Community Foundation is a 501©(3) nonprofit organization which was established in 2007 to develop and support educational programs and activities which benefit Norwin students, increase community philanthropy, and administer scholarship funds for Norwin graduates.