The Norwin School District Community Foundation is sponsoring its 2019 Days of Giving in conjunction with Norwin’s Homecoming Week festivities that include the Athletic Hall of Fame Banquet on Thursday night, the Homecoming Court and football game on Friday night, and the Homecoming parade on Saturday morning. This annual event provides an opportunity for you to give back to your school community through a tax-deductible donation for educational programs and scholarships benefitting Norwin students from Wednesday, September 25th through Sunday, September 29th.
Our goal for the 2019 campaign is to raise $7,500 that will be applied to one or more of the following programs:
- To grow our smallest community scholarship endowment funds to provide recipients with greater substantial financial support as they begin their post high school education. These scholarships currently provide awards in the range of $175-$250 which may only cover the cost of one college textbook.
- To provide additional funding for Norwin’s K-12 STEM programs (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) in order to provide students and teachers with the specialized STEM curricular resources needed to support STEM instruction.
- To provide funding for Educator Innovation Grants, a competitive program to provide start-up funds for teachers to provide innovative instruction to enrich and enhance student learning. Norwin’s CPR and Stop the Bleed curriculums started with Educator Innovation Grants, as have numerous initiatives to create hands-on lessons to enhance student learning.
- To support the NAFA Fundraising for the Generations initiative to raise $20,000 in 2020 to build the NAFA Scholarship Endowment.
- To the NSDCF General Fund, with donations redirected according to need amongst the programs managed by the NSDCF.
You may target your donation to any of the above priorities or allow the Foundation to make that determination for you when you make your tax-deductible gift during the Days of Giving via our website.
Thank you in advance for your monetary gift that will help continue and expand initiatives that support Norwin students.
—Dr. Jack Boylan, President, NSDCF